I attended my first NPC Figure Competitions on Friday. I was getting really discouraged about competing and it being my first time and all. I really needed this.
Things I Learned:
- A lot of people lose weight the unhealthy way, they have a dull look to them. I don’t want to be like this, I want to still have a glow.
- TAN TAN TAN is a must, and it has to be right. I saw a lot of orange people.
- Have a cute suit. I saw a lot of pretty ones.
- The girls are soooooo thin. I’m pretty sure I won’t place in my first competition, but I’m doing it for the experience anyway.
- The competitions are LONG! It was supposed to start at 7:30, it actually started closer to 8:30. I was there until 11 and I didn’t even make it through the whole pre-judging.
- Personality and stage presence is everything. The people who stood out were attractive, had nice bodies, and flirted with the judges and audience.
Posted in Bikini Competition, diet, fitness, gym, Health, Motivational Mondays, weight loss
Tagged bodybuilding, Fitness, fitness regimen, Fitspiration, girly, gym, health, healthy-living, inspiration, motivation, npc bikini, strength, success, sweat, thin, weight loss, weights, women, workout, workout routine
I’m posting pictures of me at 12 weeks out vs now. I am not weighing myself again until I’m at 6 weeks out. The six week 6 week make will help me determine if I actually feel ready to go on stage in July. From now on I am really cleaning up my diet, no junk, high protein, lower carbs. My goal is fat loss with muscle building. It’s time to go to work!!!!
Posted in Bikini Competition, diet, fitness, gym, Health, weight loss
Tagged fat, Fitness, muscle, npc bikini, progress, strength, weight, women, workout
I am really excited to be apart of this movement. I am all about empowering women and fitness and this ties in both in a really cool and major way.
Declare a goal. Then show us how it’s done.
Together we’re redefining the female athlete by setting epic goals and pushing past where we’ve ever been and where we thought we could go. Join us. Set your own personal goal. Then document your journey by posting videos and photos that tell your story from start to victory.
We’ll continuously post challenges for you. But that’s just the beginning. Show us your journey. Show us what makes your story the one that stands out from the rest. If you meet your goal, set a new one. Make it even bigger. Prove to everyone, and yourself, that you have more than what it takes.
Every week we’ll give away Under Armour Swag Bags full of gear to women who are seriously getting it. We’ll also feature profiles on our home page and in the “Top Performers” section of women who are really setting an example for all of us.
After 8 weeks, we’ll announce the 10 finalists who’ve documented the most impressive, motivated, monumental stories.
Winners will be announced mid-July.
Three winners will be flown to Costa Rica to attend a four-day yoga and surf retreat. In addition to the lessons led by world-class instructors, winners will be treated to transformative massages, spa treatments and healthy, locally-sourced meals prepared by personal chefs. All while staying in plush accommodations looking out at the ocean. A retreat worthy of the women who earn it.
Posted in Bikini Competition, Contest, diet, DIY, fitness, Fitspiration, gym, Health
Tagged body, bodybuilding, cardio, exercise, fat, fitfluential, Fitness, fitness regimen, gym, health, healthy-living, incentive, mental-health, motivation, nutrition, strength, success, sweat, under armour, weight loss, whatsbeautiful, women, workout, workout routine
Here are my measurements today, compared to last month:
Posted in Bikini Competition, Contest, diet, DIY, fitness, gym, Health, weight loss
Tagged body, bodybuilding, cardio, clean eating, compound exercises, diet, exercise, fat, Fitness, fitness regimen, Fitspiration, goals, gym, health, healthy-living, inspiration, motivation, nutrition, strength, success, sweat, thin, weight loss, weights, women, workout, workout routine
1. Cardio every damn day: I have not been doing my cardio like I should, this week, NO EXCUSES
2. Workout in the AM: when I workout in the morning, I feel better and it’s easier to get it out the way. Plus it keeps my supplements from keeping me up at night.
3. 6+ hours of sleep each night, I go to bed around 11 or 12 each night so I need to be up by 6am.
4. Yoga/stretching 4-5 days this week: I never stretch like I should, and that’s an issue. My muscles are getting the treatment they deserve to grow.
Posted in Bikini Competition, Contest, diet, fitness, gym, Health, weight loss
Tagged 10 weeks out, body, cardio, figure competition, Fitness, focus, goals, mind, npc bikini, strength, women