I came across this post from Frugal Foodie Mama’s blog and was intrigued. I normally take my hot, with a little cream and sugar to go in my thermos as I’m rushing out the door in the morning. However, there are days where I brew a pot and either forget, or don’t have time to grab it in the morning on the way out. Normally I dump it when I get home, but Wednesday morning I forgot as usual, so I decided to try her recipe this morning. I froze the coffee in one of my ice trays when I got home that evening. This morning I got up a little early so I could enjoy it while I watched the news and ate breakfast so I added skim milk sugar and water. It was great!
While I don’t consider my skills Starbucks-worthy. I do think I could play around with this a bit and give their Caramel Macchiato a home-made run for its money :-). Thanks for the recipe!
Happy Friday and Enjoy!
Posted in Follow Friday, Foodie Fridays
Tagged cheap, coffee, cubes, diet, food, groceries, healthy-living, nutrition, recipe, savings, starbucks, thrifty
I have been building up my DIY blog following over the last few days. One of my new favorites is Glitter and Glue. Kristen’s blog is youg and fun and the projects are easy. Today I wanted to share her tutorial for
her DIY Chanel Inspired Transparent Bag. I think it’s really cute and as soon as I get some free time I will trying it. Please check out this tutorial and the many others she has.
Posted in DIY, Thrifty Thursdays
Tagged chanel, crafty, DIY, fashion, femme, girly, glitter, handbag, purse, savings, style, thrifty, transparent
Hello all! I’m Maria and I blog over at Pappa Don’t Preach. I am thrilled to be Columbia’s guest today and even more thrilled to share some fun stuff with you!
I love fitness, I love the gym, and I love my weights. This wasn’t always the case, in fact, I was quite terrified of all of the above. I know there are many just like myself. Intimidated by the gym, scared of what others will think, especially when you’re not comfortable in your own skin. It takes a lot to overcome these fears and here are just some things to get you there.
- Find the right gym. Shop around, ask your friends for recommendations, and when you begin checking out different locations, ask questions! Membership advisors should be providing you with as much information and incentives as possible, including free training sessions when signing up! They want you, so finagle when possible. Think about your schedule. When will you be going to the gym? Will you need to utilize the locker rooms and showers? Into classes? Make sure the gym you choose offers a variety at times that work for you. And last but not least – make sure the gym is CLEAN. Cleanliness is Godliness!
- Find a friend. Joining the gym with a friend or family member provides additional motivation and accountability for the both of you.
- Do your research. If muscle building is your goal, research your workouts and plan ahead. There are plenty of resources online including specific programs like Jamie Eason’s LiveFit program. READ the information, review the pictures and watch the videos for proper form. The last thing you want to do is hurt yourself.
- Get a trainer. If free training sessions are included in your initial membership, take advantage of it. Trainers can become quite expensive, but purchasing sessions here and there will help you understand proper techniques and make you feel more comfortable when you navigate the gym solo.
- Find the right outfits. You’re gonna sweat, but you can still look good when you do. Wearing clothes that look good, will make you feel good and more confident. Personally, I love wearing bright colors, prints and fun sneakers. If you plan on lifting heavy, go for the Femme Fitale fitness gloves. Columbia and I are both huge fans of these funky girly gloves. You don’t have to spend tons of money at Lululemon (even though it’s worth it!) You can make your own gym tees, just like Columbia did using a tutorial from Blogilates. What a great way to make use of old tees!
- Own it. Do not be intimidated of anyone at the gym. Everyone is there for the same reason (most often than not.) There is a wide variety of members, all looking to achieve a better and healthier self. The gym is a community, and full of helpful resources in both the staff and members. Trust me, as I have developed my own family at my gym. It’s a great feeling to have others to lean on that understand your goals and objectives and are there for you when you fall.
- Ignore the Grunters. They’re just grunting to compensate for less developed areas of their body. No one cares and neither should you.
There ya go! Throw caution to the wind and do it. You’ll be so proud of all that you’ll be able to accomplish once you let go of your gym fears.
If you’re already a member of a gym, how did you choose?
Do you prefer to work out with others or fly solo?
Thanks for having me, Columbia! Hope you’ll all visit me at Pappa Don’t Peach!
Posted in Guest Post
Tagged clothing, entertainment, exercise, fashion, Fitness, fitness regimen, girly, gym, health, inspiration, motivation, pretty, savings, strength, style, women, workout, workout routine
Hey Pretty People!
I am currently looking for guest bloggers. If you are interested, please send me an email to email@example.com
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged beauty, blog, blogging, bodybuilding, cardio, clean eating, clothing, cool, entertainment, exercise, fashion, femme, Fitness, fitness regimen, Fitspiration, food, girly, groceries, guest, gym, health, healthy-living, inspiration, iphone, legs, motivation, nutrition, post, pretty, savings, skinny, strength, style, success, sweat, thin, thrifty, vitamins, weight loss, weights, women, workout, workout routine
Lets see: 2 girls, $33. How did we do so far? Well, actually, it hasn’t been that bad, just a lot of leftovers. Could I do this forever? Yep! Is it easy? No. Mainly, it requires a lot of thought and planning. I like it though, it caused me to get creative with my cooking and meal planning this week. When I restock on Saturday I will have to get staples like milk, eggs, and peanut butter. This week really helped me realize just how much money I waste on junk and fast food. Because of this, I am going to give it up for the month of August as well. I mean, I very rarely eat it now, (maybe 2-3 times a month) but I want to go cold turkey and clean up my eating habits a bit more. I will do another post Saturday as my official wrap up to week 1 of my #surviveon35.
Posted in diet, Health, Thrifty Thursdays
Tagged #surviveon35, cheap, clean eating, contest, diet, eating habits, fat, Fitness, fitness regimen, food, groceries, health, healthy-living, incentive, inspiration, leftovers, motivation, nutrition, savings, thrifty
Whole Wheat Waffle
2 tablespoons Reduced Fat Peanut Butter
2 teaspoons honey
2 slices whole wheat bread
Crockpot Pot Roast
Roasted Red Potatoes
Im making both of these in large enough quantities to eat for about 2 days 🙂 I also need to buy stuff for my foodie penpal. I totally forgot, so I will be doing that today during my errand run. I hope she likes what I get 🙂
Posted in diet, fitness, Health
Tagged #surviveon35, cheap, clean eating, contest, Fitness, fitness regimen, food, fresh, groceries, health, healthy-living, incentive, inspiration, Kroger, nutrition, organic, savings, thrifty, weight loss, women, workout