The run begins at dusk and ends under a full moon. Participants may register as either a Vampire or Citizen. Citizens in all white start in one location, Vampires in black in another. The paths converge at an unknown location and then the hunt is on! Vampires will try to “convert” citizens by pulling both white garlic flags they will be carrying while running through fog and red powder zones. Participants will then “celebrate eternity” in the post-run Red Dusk after-party with music, red colored beverages, fun awards, and make-up artists on-hand ready to “transform” any willing citizens into new Vampires. The V5K benefits Red Cross blood donation services and local blood banks. Dallas, Denver, LA, DC and Atlanta. Find your city and register now for $10 off with the code: VAMPRUN at: www.vampire5k.com
In honor of the 5k I will be giving away free entry to one of my readers. All you have to do is reply back to this post and answer this question: “If a zombie apocalypse was happening, what would you do?”
Contest ends March 10th. I will chose the answer I like best and contact you about your comp entry. Good luck!
Posted in Contest, fitness
Tagged 5k, Atlanta, cardio, contest, entertainment, exercise, Fitness, fitness regimen, Fitspiration, gym, inspiration, motivation, strength, women, workout, workout routine, zombies
I really love Super Soul Sundays on the Channel OWN. It’s really amazing the stories people have on their journey to peace and spirituality. With that being said, there is a segment where people show you their “space”: the place that they feel most at peace.
I am working on doing that this week. When I finish organizing my room and getting all my crap situated, I will work on making it a space that I feel good and unstressed in.
Please send me your ideas on ways I can do that. I would so appreciate it! Feel free to comment!
Posted in Fitspiration, Motivational Mondays
Tagged entertainment, femme, Fitness, incentive, inspiration, love, motivation, oprah, peace, soul, success, women, workout
Hello all! I’m Maria and I blog over at Pappa Don’t Preach. I am thrilled to be Columbia’s guest today and even more thrilled to share some fun stuff with you!
I love fitness, I love the gym, and I love my weights. This wasn’t always the case, in fact, I was quite terrified of all of the above. I know there are many just like myself. Intimidated by the gym, scared of what others will think, especially when you’re not comfortable in your own skin. It takes a lot to overcome these fears and here are just some things to get you there.
- Find the right gym. Shop around, ask your friends for recommendations, and when you begin checking out different locations, ask questions! Membership advisors should be providing you with as much information and incentives as possible, including free training sessions when signing up! They want you, so finagle when possible. Think about your schedule. When will you be going to the gym? Will you need to utilize the locker rooms and showers? Into classes? Make sure the gym you choose offers a variety at times that work for you. And last but not least – make sure the gym is CLEAN. Cleanliness is Godliness!
- Find a friend. Joining the gym with a friend or family member provides additional motivation and accountability for the both of you.
- Do your research. If muscle building is your goal, research your workouts and plan ahead. There are plenty of resources online including specific programs like Jamie Eason’s LiveFit program. READ the information, review the pictures and watch the videos for proper form. The last thing you want to do is hurt yourself.
- Get a trainer. If free training sessions are included in your initial membership, take advantage of it. Trainers can become quite expensive, but purchasing sessions here and there will help you understand proper techniques and make you feel more comfortable when you navigate the gym solo.
- Find the right outfits. You’re gonna sweat, but you can still look good when you do. Wearing clothes that look good, will make you feel good and more confident. Personally, I love wearing bright colors, prints and fun sneakers. If you plan on lifting heavy, go for the Femme Fitale fitness gloves. Columbia and I are both huge fans of these funky girly gloves. You don’t have to spend tons of money at Lululemon (even though it’s worth it!) You can make your own gym tees, just like Columbia did using a tutorial from Blogilates. What a great way to make use of old tees!
- Own it. Do not be intimidated of anyone at the gym. Everyone is there for the same reason (most often than not.) There is a wide variety of members, all looking to achieve a better and healthier self. The gym is a community, and full of helpful resources in both the staff and members. Trust me, as I have developed my own family at my gym. It’s a great feeling to have others to lean on that understand your goals and objectives and are there for you when you fall.
- Ignore the Grunters. They’re just grunting to compensate for less developed areas of their body. No one cares and neither should you.
There ya go! Throw caution to the wind and do it. You’ll be so proud of all that you’ll be able to accomplish once you let go of your gym fears.
If you’re already a member of a gym, how did you choose?
Do you prefer to work out with others or fly solo?
Thanks for having me, Columbia! Hope you’ll all visit me at Pappa Don’t Peach!
Posted in Guest Post
Tagged clothing, entertainment, exercise, fashion, Fitness, fitness regimen, girly, gym, health, inspiration, motivation, pretty, savings, strength, style, women, workout, workout routine
Hey Pretty People!
I am currently looking for guest bloggers. If you are interested, please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged beauty, blog, blogging, bodybuilding, cardio, clean eating, clothing, cool, entertainment, exercise, fashion, femme, Fitness, fitness regimen, Fitspiration, food, girly, groceries, guest, gym, health, healthy-living, inspiration, iphone, legs, motivation, nutrition, post, pretty, savings, skinny, strength, style, success, sweat, thin, thrifty, vitamins, weight loss, weights, women, workout, workout routine
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I will be featuring blogs that I like or certain posts from the week that I enjoyed. First up Blogilates
I love this blog, I think the author is so cool and cute. I watch her videos on youtube as well. This is a fitness blog and has a very fresh and young approach, which is great for me because I lose interest in most blogs pretty easily. I suggest you check her out!
Posted in diet, fashion, fitness, Follow Friday, gym, Health
Tagged beauty, blog, blogilates, entertainment, exercise, fashion, femme, Fitness, fitness regimen, Fitspiration, girly, gym, health, healthy-living, inspiration, motivation, pilates, pretty, strength, style, success, sweat, thin, women, workout, workout routine, youtube