I attended my first NPC Figure Competitions on Friday. I was getting really discouraged about competing and it being my first time and all. I really needed this.
Things I Learned:
- A lot of people lose weight the unhealthy way, they have a dull look to them. I don’t want to be like this, I want to still have a glow.
- TAN TAN TAN is a must, and it has to be right. I saw a lot of orange people.
- Have a cute suit. I saw a lot of pretty ones.
- The girls are soooooo thin. I’m pretty sure I won’t place in my first competition, but I’m doing it for the experience anyway.
- The competitions are LONG! It was supposed to start at 7:30, it actually started closer to 8:30. I was there until 11 and I didn’t even make it through the whole pre-judging.
- Personality and stage presence is everything. The people who stood out were attractive, had nice bodies, and flirted with the judges and audience.